HR Internship Opportunities AT IEC
The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) is now taking applications for their HR internships.
This is a 24 month contract with the intern receiving R9 104 per month. The intern will be joining the IEC’s Corporate Services team for Human Resources Development.
The intern will contribute towards the efficient administration and co-ordination of human resource development (training) projects in the organisation. This internship is designed to provide a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills in a supportive environment, learning on-the-job and work experience.
- Must not have worked in the field of their specific study or been an intern before
- Recently qualified with a recognised 3 year tertiary degree or national diploma from an accredited tertiary institution in HRM/HRD/OD. Postgrad qualification will be an added advantage
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally
- Computer literate, familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn to work with new software and applications
- Driver’s license would be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae;
- a copy of all qualification documents;
- a copy of identity document; and
- a copy of driver’s licence (if required).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.