Brilliance Executive Lusaka Needs Logistics Officer-Apply Now
Job Purpose The Logistic Officer will be responsible for keeping the track of the materials which are shipped or received and also manage relations with various transporters.
• Managing and executing procurement, shipping, and receiving processes required to support the Company.Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Evaluating, redesigning and implementing logistics processes for the company
• Participate in process reviews, staff meetings, and other logistics and procurement activities
• Be responsible for maintaining all the logistic or transportation related records in any organisation.
• Ensure all trucks presented to dispatchers have a live status before loading and throughout the trip after loading.
• Ensure consistent utilization of the tracking system and proper interpretation of reports and results.
• Source and manage relations with transporters
• In the absence of the Manager provide overall supervision and coordination of staff and activities in the procurement and logisticsunit.
• Manage the pulling and packing of materials and arrange appropriate transportation.
• Oversee freight consolidation, cost analysis, routing and scheduling
• Manage Warehouse
• Maintaining inventory, ordering shipping materials, operating necessary equipment and managing warehouse staff
• Review all processes and systems and design and implement new plans and procedures as needed.
• Manage all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery
• Ensure that procedures and respective regulations applicable to projects implemented on the base are closely followed.
• Co-ordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing air, land, sea or rail operations in the area;
• Take part in all driver / transporter toolbox meetings to share meaning lessons on expectations as regards trip management requirements. Required Skills
• Strong organizational skills • Customer service and communication skills • Good Negotiating Skills