Credit Controller Needed @Lafarge Zambia-See Application Process
Lafarge Zambia Plc is the leading supplier of building materials and construction solutions in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). It is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry with a well-balanced presence in 80 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete. The Group has 80,000 employees around the world operating in more than 2,300 sites.
Lafarge Zambia has a total production capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and the region. Lafarge Zambia also owns and operates the Mapape Aggregates Plant which is able to supply 600,000 tonnes of high quality aggregates per annum. Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future!
Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, zealous and qualified individual to take up the role of Credit Controller to be based in Chilanga.
Overall Job Purpose
To supervise and manage the Accounts Receivable (AR) portfolio in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with best accounting practice and respecting Lafarge Group policies and procedures. .
- Managing contractors and inter Company accounts.
- Reviewing and recommending application for credit facilities.
- Circulating customer statements to customers on a regular basis.
- Reconciling customer accounts monthly and as and when a query arises.
- Investigating all queries relating to AR matters.
- Reconciling all AR general ledger to sub ledger accounts as per agreed time lines.
- Raising debit notes and credit notes to clear resolved differences.
- Managing returned customer payments from the bank.
- Closing the AR system on time in accordance with accounts closing schedules.
- Releasing orders from credit hold as per the Lafarge Credit Policy.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be a member of ZICA.
- Vast knowledge in business systems, controls, and accounting principles.
- Ability to make quick decisions.
- Team Leadership and must have the ability to be coach and mentor so as to keep the team engaged.
- Assertiveness, Leadership, Confidence and Resilience
- Attentive to detail.
- Time Management skills.
- Advanced MS Excel ability.
Applicants may send their application letters and curriculum vitae to email@example.com, not later than 16th August 2019.
Please ensure that the position you are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.