Director Development Needed @TEVETA See Application Procedures Below;
The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) was established under the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Act No, 13 of 1998, read together with the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2005. The functions of TEVETA are to regulate, support and monitor Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TEVET) in conjunction With other stakeholders in skills development.
TEVETA seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, mature and result-oriented Zambian to fill the following position which is due to fall vacant soon.
- OVERALL PURPOSEOF THE JOB
Reporting to the Director General, the jobholder is responsible for providing leadership to the Development Division to achieve results in the research and development of training systems and curriculum development to support the implementation of technical education, vocational and entrepreneurship training programmes.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibil ities of the position incl ude:
2.1. Collaborating with all relevant stakeholders in defining and implementing strategies for curriculum and training systems development, ensuring their al ignment with the needs of industry and the TEVET sector.
2.2. Initiating and overseeing the planning, prioritization, development and execution of all training systems and curricula development, ensuring that these are consistent with the national and industry development objectives and needs.
2.3. Overseeing the planning and execution of the divisional budget that is consistent with national and industry training systems and curriculum development priorities, ensuring the achievement of results ithin the approved budget.
2.4. Ensuring follow-up studies on all completed training systems and developed curricula in order to evaluate and measure results and inform key stakeholders.
2.5. Leading the division to ensure proper execution of ongoing divisional curriculum and training systems development activities in order to achieve the desired results and ultimately improve the overall performance of the TEVET sector.
2.6. Establishing performance metrics fortraining systems and curriculum development in collaboration with relevant stakeholders in order to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of training systems and curriculum development activities.
2.7. Staying up to date with the latest developments in industry through the establishment of personal networks, attendance ofworkshops, reviewing of professional publications, and participation in professional industry associations
2.8. Supervising and Mentoring all key staffin the division, ensuring constant development in their professional skills, and readying them for the occupation of key positions in the event of absence or vacancy arising.
3 Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
3.1. Knowledge of:
- Curriculum development, training systems design and evaluation methodology.
- Post-secondary education accountability initiatives and trends.
- Integrated programmes planning, development, and administration within a public institution environment.
- Budget preparation and fiscal management
Possess Skills in:
- Examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Technical leadership and supervision.
- Written and verbal communication.
- The use of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Research, data analysis.
- Prompt decision making.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
Possess Abilities in:
- Synthesizing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present reports effectively.
- Carrying out analyses on the performance of train ing programmes while drawing insights that lead to their improvement and formulating lasting solutions and the development of new strategies.
- Motivating staff productivity and performance.
- Organising and connecting activities to the institutional strategy while displaying attention to detail.
- Fostering mentoring relationships and driving continuous results of lower managerial personnel.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must possess:
a) Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the TEVET sector.
b) Amaster’s degree in either Education, Curriculum Design and Development or Human Resources Development.
- Minimum Relevant Experience
At least 10 years in working experience in a training and development capacity, technical education, curriculum development and design, preferably at a senior position such as the Head of Department in Education, Industry or the TEVET sector. Demonstrable experience in curriculum development, content creation, development and maintenance of training systems and processes.
Applications must include the Curriculum Vitae which addresses the job requirements, certified copies of Certificates of Qualifications, and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of THREE (3) traceable references.
The Closing Date is Monday, 30th September 2019. Please note that only applicants who meet the short-listing criteria will be acknowledged in writing. Applications should be sent to:
The Director General
The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA)