PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together -public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The PAMO project is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project that aims to control and prevent malaria morbidity and mortality and thereby minimize the social effects and economic losses and also to contribute to the reduction of under five all causes mortality rate, as a result of reduced malaria mortality. PAMO works with the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC) to strengthen implementation of malaria control and elimination efforts. The project works at provincial, district, and community levels to 1) Support proven malaria interventions in alignment with the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan; 2) Strengthen management capacity of provincial and personnel to provide oversight/supervision of malaria interventions and; 3) Strengthen the Health Management Information System at the provincial and district levels to improve data reporting, analysis, and use for decision-making.
We seek to recruit a Driver to be based in the Eastern Province of Zambia to support our operations. The Driver will be responsible for meeting the transportation needs of the office, an important responsibility, being entrusted with the lives of staff and sometimes visitors. This position will be on a fixed-term contract ending September 2020.
- Transporting project staff, project counterparts, consultants and other visitors to project sites, workshops/meetings, and various events in and around Eastern and other Provinces.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers by courteously reminding them of safety practices while in the vehicle.
- Performing or scheduling maintenance services and ensuring that project vehicles are clean and in proper working order.
- Following up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses, and making recommendations to the Senior Administration Officer for necessary actions.
- Reporting suspected vehicle malfunctions or issues.
- Ensuring that vehicles have adequate petro at all times, using office account.
- Maintaining the vehicle/driver’s log book.
- Updating all vehicle documents and checking vehicle insurance.
- Running project office errands, such as document delivery, mailing, banking, customs clearance, bill payments, shopping for office supplies etc., as requested.
- Assisting with maintenance of project office space, including re-arrangement of furniture and minor repairs of office equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Driver and successful completion of a driving course, with a valid Zambia driver’s license
- Self-motivated, courteous, and humble individual
- Proven ability to work under pressure and availability to work outside of normal business hours, as required.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and proven ability to work in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English desired.
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with automobile maintenance
- NGO experience desirable but not a mandatory.
- Must currently have legal authorization to work in Zambia.