About Garden Route District Municipality
Previously known as the Eden District Municipality, the Garden Route District Municipality (GRDM) is the district municipality body governing the Western Cape Province in South Africa.
This municipality’s governing body is bordered by four other municipalities, Central Karoo District Municipality, Cape Winelands District Municipality, Overberg District Municipality and the Sarah Baartman District Municipality.
Garden Route District Municipality aims to lead an ideal district, support sustainable development and provide optimal quality of life and opportunities for all. The core values of the organization include integrity, excellence, inspiration, care, respect, and resourcefulness.
The district municipality provides a platform for all to receive opportunities required for a sustainable and prosperous standard of living. Coordination and facility developments across the municipality area and providing strategic leadership are some of the missions of the organization.
The Garden Route District Municipality includes seven local municipalities including Bitou Hessequa, Knysna, Oudtshoorn, George, Kannaland and Mossel Bay. The Garden Route is a popular tourist attraction housing amazing flora and fauna, breathtaking sceneries and several adventure-pumping activities.
Garden Route District Municipality Bursary 2023
The Garden Route District Municipality Bursary is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year to pursue any field of study, provided their parents are permanent residents of the Garden Route municipal area.
Upon shortlisting, an interview will be conducted to assess your candidature. However, if you don’t receive any feedback, consider your application unsuccessful.
Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying for the application
- The parents of the applicant must be permanent residents of the Garden Route Municipal area.
- The candidate must have completed the Matric examination
- The applicant must be studying or intend to pursue a full-time degree course in the upcoming academic year
- The applying candidate must be pursuing or intend to study their degree course from SAQA accredited tertiary/ TVET institution in South Africa
How To Apply?
Download and complete the Garden Route District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023. pdf
Application forms can also be collected from satellite offices and GRDM during office hours (Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:30; Friday 07:30 – 13:30)
Don't Miss This Opportunity: Brand New Training Reveal Secrets On How To Earn $100 - $6,000 Monthly Online Legitimately, With Just Your Smartphone or Laptop (Amazon KDP For All Devices)
The application has to be posted to the Training and Development Section of Records, Garden Route District Municipality, 54 York Street, P.O. Box 12, George 6530.
You have to submit the following documents to complete the application
- Certified copies of ID document
- If completed Matric, then Matric certificate and if currently completing Matric, then latest Matric results
- Certified copies of recent examination results (if studying currently)
- Detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Certified copies of registration proof and expenses pertaining to pursuing the degree
- Certified copies of income proof of parents/ guardians (If employed, latest payslips; if unemployed, sworn affidavit)
- Municipal account of residential proof
The closing date for the Garden Route District Municipality Bursary is 11 November 2022. Garden Route District Municipality will not consider applications eligible if you submit the form after the deadline.
To receive any information related to the bursary, candidates should contact
Name of contact person:
Ms. Angeline Naidoo – Telephone No.: 044 803 1420
Mr. Reginald Salmons – Telephone No: 044 803 1363
Mrs. Angela-Ziva Coetzee – Telephone No.: 044 803 1344
Please contact the above numbers during office hours i.e., Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:30 and Friday 07:30 – 13:30.