BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the BBC. BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, BBC Media Action partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
- Produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through strengthening professional capacity and infrastructure.
We work in partnership to provide access to useful, timely, reliable information. We help people engage in dialogue and take action to improve their lives. Our work in Zambia to effect change falls into two main thematic areas; governance and health.
We are looking to recruit for the following full-time position:
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for managing our partner portfolio. S/he will be responsible for building and maintaining close working relations with our direct partners and promote strategic links and cooperation with a wider network of media outlets, CSOs and Government stakeholders. The Partnerships Coordinator will support our partners across projects on planning, implementation and reporting to ensure that the projects are on time, within budget, and comply with donor and BBC Media Action requirements. The Partnerships Coordinator will lead on supporting the organisational development of key partners. The Partnerships Coordinator will be based in Lusaka but will occasionally travel within Zambia.
Essential Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Minimum 4 years experience of managing donor funded projects and overseeing their delivery on time and within budget.
- At least two years experience of working with partners to strengthen their capacity and to support them to deliver projects.
- A relevant degree in development studies, development communications, project/business management etc.
- Ability and experience of working with CSOs on organisational development including strategic planning, income generation etc.
- Experience of managing and overseeing budget for donor projects ensuring compliance and value for money in expenditure.
- Ability to design, plan, implement, monitor and adjust work based on the project’s strategy and objectives.
- Ability to conduct work with minimal supervision and good time management skills, with a track record of delivering results to deadline and to a high standard of quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- Strong presentation skills, communicating complex technical ideas using non-technical language to a wide range of audiences from journalists, production staff, researchers, donors and development practitioners.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Zambia.