Closing Date: 2021/08/03
Reference Number: CCB210727-3
Job Title: Injection Machine Specialist
Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
Job Type: Permanent
Location – Country: Zambia
Location – Province: Not Applicable
Location – Town / City: Lusaka
Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia requires the services of the Injection Machine Specialist for continuously ensuring the Production of high-quality Packaging Materials ranging from PET Preforms & HDPE Closures and ensure reliability of the Plant. Fulfilling these roles, Injection Machine Specialist works closely with team department members, maintenance, and operations through. This position reports to Injection Team Leader.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the daily work projects of the injection department to improve quality of products.
- Assemble injection molds from start to finish to mass produce preforms and closures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on molding equipment and Molds.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance on molds.
- Perform preventive maintenance to injection molding assets by evaluating consumable components in accordance with design blueprints.
- Repair and adjust equipment to obtain desired operating results Performed preventive maintenance and periodic checks on assigned equipment.
- Perform in-process adjustments to auxiliary equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Prepare molds and equipment for schedule jobs, making necessary adjustments to molding machines and auxiliary equipment as required.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of auxiliary equipment, including granulators, liquid temperature controls, and mold electrical controls.
- Hook up auxiliary equipment and loaders.
- Execute the setup and startup of injection molds and auxiliary equipment as per pre- defined process and procedures in satisfying production schedule.
- Manage 14 injection molding machines for mold changes, startups, shutdowns, and occasional repairs.
- Train/Coach new employees and existing employees in machine operation and mold changes.
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions, and clarifying work required
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum Mechanical/Electrical Artisan Certificate from a reputable institution with minimum of five (5) years Injection moulding experience in the food packaging industry.
- Advanced Level certificate in Plastic Technology will be an added advantage.
- Development and troubleshooting.
- Grade 12 with 6 credits or better.
- Paid up member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Computer literate