Jobs @Plan International-Logistics & Procurement Officer Ongoing
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position:
Logistics & Procurement Officer – Emergency Response – (Temporary position for 5 months) Mantapala
Reporting to the team leader and Procurement Supply Chain Manager. He/she is involved in assisting in all matters of procurement, property maintenance and asset management on the Emergency Response. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting in all matters of procurement, property maintenance and assets management.
- Raising of purchase requisitions for purchasing of goods & services
- Inventory management of stationery and other supplies
- Analysis of supplier quotations and preparation of canvass sheets
- Reconciliation of utility accounts
- Develop an Emergency Response purchase plan and coordinate the supply chain function
Individual Specifications include:
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
- 2-3 years practical experience in a similar position
- Excellent negotiation and writing skills
- High knowledge and capability in computer information programs
- Valid Driver’s licenses