Kenya Ferry Services Limited Recruitment 2023-2024
We are pleased to inform you about Kenya Ferry Services Limited Recruitment 2023-2024
Ferry services at Likoni Mombasa started in 1937. The ferries have remained the one and only link to the south coast. The operations are situated at the gateway to the port of Mombasa. The link is important not only to the local users but to those heading to Tanzania and beyond.
The ferries at Likoni were initially run by Kenya Bus Services Ltd, on a franchise arrangement with the Municipal Council of Mombasa. The bus company also operated a network of buses around town and in Nairobi.
The earlier operations were done using pontoons driven by motorboats. It was not until 1957 that the era of modern ferries surfaced.
The company continued operating for about 32 years until 1989 when it decided to pull out. It is then that the Government of Kenya decided to take over the operations of the ferries.
The Government, therefore, bought all the ferry crafts including Pwani, Mvita, St. Michael, Pombo, and Mtongwe 1 at a price of Ksh 10.5m. The staff was similarly retained at their existing terms and conditions of service.
The government then asked the Kenya Ports Authority to run the services on its behalf. Kenya Ports Authority on their part changed one of its subsidiary companies Bunty Estates Ltd to Kenya Ferry Services Ltd and commenced operations on 1st November 1989.
Mistake To Avoid While Applying For KFS Recruitment
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes. So take note of the following:
- Apply on time, do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you supply all the necessary requirements
- Take time to cross-check your details before submission.
- Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- The online application is free.
IMPORTANT! The Kenya Ferry Services Limited recruitment does not require you to pay any money for its application form, it is highly prohibited and anyone demanding money from you in the form of quick entrance into the KFS recruitment should be reported, KFS recruitment is totally free.
Key Requirements for Eligibility
These are the mandatory requirement for eligibility.
(1) Be a Kenyan citizen based on birth or descent
(2) Certified by government medical personnel to be physically and mentally suitable for appointment in services
(3) Don’t suffer any physical or mental disability
(4) Has a good character and is not guilty of criminal offences
(5) The registration and selection process is free of charge.
Note: If you have questions or corrections regarding this post, kindly use the comment box below.