Kwacha Pension Trust Fund Ongoing Property Internship – Apply now
Kwacha Pension Trust Fund (KPTF) is a single employer defined benefit pension fund. KPTF owns and manages eight properties. The Fund requires an intern within the Investments Department to assist with property management on a three-month internship. The ideal candidates should be self-driven, energetic, adaptable and have a strong academic background. The ideal candidate must be available for immediate start.
- Assist in maintaining the buildings;
- Assist in reconciling rental income;
- Assist in preparing planned maintenance schedules and budgets for the properties;
- Assist in preparing the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) – including scope of works for contractors, obtaining quotations for the work, estimating the cost of works and inspecting the work undertaken by contractors;
- Assist in scrutinizing and assessing carefully the prospective tenants and make recommendations;
- Assist in implementing and enforcing tenant leases to ensure compliance with all provisions by the tenants;
- Assist in supervision of all contractors and inspection of all work carried out to ensure performance is as per scope of works;
- Assist in ensuring that health, safety and security programmes are implemented (e.g. fire plans, alarms, lifts, air conditioners);
- Assist in attending and responding to maintenance issues – such as complaints from tenants;
- Assist in tenant invoicing;
- Assist in developing annual marketing plans to reduce vacancies of both commercial and residential;
- Assist in preparing periodic reports on property management; and
- Any other tasks that may be required for efficient property management.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Full Grade 12 certificate with at least five (5) O levels credits including English Language and Mathematics;
- Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or property management qualification;
- Professional membership with the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Experience is not required but will be an added advantage.
- Should have excellent communication skills; and
- Should be a problem solver and self-driven