Medical Laboratory Technologist Job Opportunities-see Details
An NGO is recruiting a Medical Laboratory Technologist, to be based in a Lusaka health facility.
see more jobs here
Essential duties and responsibility
- To undertake manual, semi-automated and fully automated laboratory investigations.
- Carry out tasks as laid down in the Standard Operating Procedures in the laboratory
- To measure and monitor the accuracy and precision of laboratory investigations using appropriate quality control procedures.
- To undertake technical assessment of results from laboratory investigations.
- Report to management any instance or event which may cause service delivery failure.
- Undertake preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment
- To comply with local and national policies for the safe, secure and confidential processing and storage of patient and laboratory information.
- To maintain the integrity and accuracy of laboratory data base.
- Entering all results including those from reference laboratories into Logistic Information Management System (LIMS)
- To assist with record keeping and documentation of inventory, test results and other related matters.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Laboratory
- 1-2 years post graduate laboratory experience, preferably in an ART laboratory.
- Registration by HPCZ with a valid Practicing License
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point presentation
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
How to Apply
Candidates are expected to send a cover letter and CV as one document to email@example.com, with a clear indication of the position they are applying for and the location in the subject line. The text in subject line should read: “Laboratory Technologist Application”.
Closing date for applications is: 12th September 2019.