mothers2mothers Jobs Vacancies-How to Apply
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on
its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
m2m is recruiting in Malawi for the anticipated USAID-funded project PREVENTION – EMPOWER. The goal of the project is preventing new Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV) infections in targeted populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi. The PREVENTION EMPOWER will strive to increase use of proven, high impact, HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). A further objective is to identify undiagnosed HIV-infected persons (HIV “case-finding”) and link them to life-saving anti-retroviral treatment (ART).
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of project specific M&E framework and Plan including system requirements
- Lead project evaluation including synthesis of information and dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine project performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI of the project
- Develop and adapt M&E system in line with Project priorities and organisational M&E framework
- Coordinate project operations research & publications portfolio in collaboration with Chief of Party and project team
- Provision of strategic information for project level decision making in relation to programme performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilisation, strategic positioning and programme design.
- Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting, providing relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Oversight & development of M&E technical expertise for project team to ensure adequate capacity to support project activities
- Manage project M&E team ensuring adequate staffing and capacity
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health and HIV fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.