Ongoing Jobs @Chemonics International Inc-How to Apply
Job Title: Strategic Planning & Governance Specialist
Reporting to: Strategic Planning & Governance Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with tracking the performance monitoring plan of the National Supply Chain Strategy Implementation Plan 2019 – 2021, including measures to assess and increase country ownership.
- Lobby other implementing partners supporting supply chain to align their activities to the NSCS.
- Provide support to various commodity technical working groups to integrate supply chain considerations in policy discussions.
- Consolidate and monitor partner workplans supporting supply chain activities and identify synergies that can be optimized.
- Hold monthly USG partner supply chain meetings to discussing supply chain issues affecting HIV commodity availability.
- Work with partners supporting commodity accountability and security
- Coordinate technical discussions to promote learning and increase effectiveness of supply chain interventions.
- Support supply chain data visibility by sharing project generated data to MoH, MSL and key stakeholders
- Facilitate and follow up ZAMRA inclined activities supported by the project;
- Support and coordinate meetings for the integration of logistics system, internally and with external key stakeholders;
- Work within Strategic Planning & Governance team to meet project objective focused on strengthening capacity and coordination for innovative strategic processes;
- Lead the coordination of quarterly reports within the SPG directorate;
- Ensure all contract deliverables are met within areas of strategic planning and Governance, including timely reporting of all reports;
- Execute team annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available and intended annual life of project targets set according to Government of the Republic of Zambia and USG priorities;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with supervisor of record.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus;
- Minimum four years of experience working in supply chain management and strategic planning on a project or corporate level required
- Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Strong leadership and motivational ability;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.