- Company: Grassroot Soccer Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
GRS Zambia is a local Non Governmental Organisation founded in 2005. GRS Zambia delivers programming to an estimated 40,000 at risk youth annually across Zambia. The overlapping epidemics of gender based violence , HIV, and broader sexual and reproductive health is the primary target of our work, with complimentary programming on youth leadership and employability.
GRS Zambia plans to add a senior-level manager to it’s leadership team that will oversee the development and maintenance of the Operations and Human Resource systems required of a growing NGO.
The Operations and Human Resources Manager will work closely with other line managers to ensure that the organisation is run efficiently and accountably.
The Operations and Human Resource Manager will be a key member of the leadership team of GRS Zambia and will be responsible for ensuring that programme teams have the support systems required to achieve the mission. Their primary focus will be to lead the supporting functions of operations and Human Resource in order to maintain a highly cohesive and high-functioning unit. The Operations and Human Resource Manager will have oversight of Operations and Human Resources management and will work closely with other line managers to ensure staff are meeting expectations in all areas.
This role will be the line manager for the Zambia Operations and Human Resources team and report directly to the managing director.
- Oversee all GRS Zambia operations manuals, policy, and procedures, including the organization’s Operations and HR manuals.
- Maintain GRS Zambia’s fraud management and reporting system and ensure that staff are routinely trained on how and when to report fraud.
- Provide supervisory oversight of all GRS Zambia Operations staff
- Ensure that GRS operations systems and procedures are in line with GRS, government and donor policies and demonstrate sound resource management.
- Ensure quality control for servicing external and internal customers, ensuring that systems are streamlined and efficient.
- Responsible for overseeing internal controls and procurement processes.
- Ensure GRS is properly insured and assist in coordinating insurance renewals and claims.
- Manage and oversee all regulatory reporting and liaise with relevant government ministries related to organisational registration.
Human Resources Management
- Maintain GRS Zambia’s HR Manual and ensure all HR policies are in-line with Government of Zambia requirements
- Support staff recruitment, onboarding, annual performance reviews, and termination.
- Maintain all GRS Zambia staff HR files
- Responsible for general office administration, including overseeing office repairs/upgrades, IT connectivity, office security, vehicle use and tracking, etc.
- Provide oversight of GRS Zambia asset management system to ensure assets are tracked and properly maintained
- Work with the programs team to produce costed workplans.
- Support the programmes team to ensure donor and government reporting is done according to agreed upon standards and in a timely manner.
- Regularly review and ensure that the most efficient programme management structure is established and functional in order to ensure excellent programme quality and value for money.
Qualifications and Experience:
Key Professional Experience:
- Possess at least a master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of experience in Human Resource management for large complex projects, of which at least three years were working on large donor-funded project (ideally USAID, DFID, or other government bilateral donor)
- 5 years experience providing operations support to donor-funded programs in Zambia
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management, including USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Strong financial management skill and experience
- Experience in managing a large budget effectively
- Strategic planning experience
- Experience in effectively directing large, complex and distributed teams
- Excellent command of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High team cohesive behaviour and infectious levels of enthusiasm
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep the broader picture in mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups especially in a cross-cultural environment