Project Officer Needed See Application Procedures Below;
About the Organization
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government in developmental works and humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescents (IFRC). In line with its 2017 – 2020 strategic objectives, the National Society seek to enhance provision and access to quality health and social services to vulnerable people across the country in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders.
With the support from the Netherlands Red Cross, ZRCS will implement a Community Based Health and Resilience: Basic Health, WASH and Economic Empowerment Project in selected communities and health facilities in Petauke District of Eastern Province. The project’s goal is to; contribute to the reduction of the maternal, new-born and child morbidity and mortality rates in the district through improved access to basic health services, safe water and sanitation, and women empowerment. To this effect, ZRCS) hereby invites applications from dynamic, qualified and experienced individuals in related field to take up a position of Project Officer
The job holder will ensure implementation of priority interventions that will facilitate women empowerment, male involvement, community engagement and access of basic health services leading to improved maternal and child health. Working in collaboration with community based volunteers, local health facilities and other stakeholders, and under supervision of the Health and Care Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of results in line with pre agreed program plans and objectives and take ownership of project implementation at field level at all stages throughout the project cycle
- Diploma in Health and/or Social Sciences (Degree will be an added advantage)
- 5 years’ experience in Reproductive Maternal Neonatal and Child Health (RMNCH), WASH and social/development programmes of which at least two years’ experience with CSOs.
- Training in microfinance and women empowerment is a plus
- Knowledge of project cycle management and people centered community development programming
- Knowledge of developmental issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Knowledge and experience in participatory Planning Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge on financing
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience in proposal development Knowledge and experience with Red Cross movement is an added advantage
How to apply
If interested, please apply by sending a CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match the required competencies via email to Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org@redcross.org.zm copy email@example.com
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION WILL BE 9th SEPTEMBER 2019 AT 17:00HRS AND NO LATE SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE ACCEPTED. THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED FOR THIS POST NEED NOT TO APPLY
NO APPLICATION FEE IS CHARGED