The University of North Carolina – Global Projects Zambia (UNC-GPZ) is conducting a study to exhaustively document the course and outcomes of labor, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period in settings where the occurrence of adverse birth outcomes is high. The Research Nurse will provide standard medical care to study participants and perform enrolment and follow up procedures as required by the study protocol with skill and accuracy. They will collect and record accurate and confidential data and perform self-quality control and assurance activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to the following)
- Conduct assigned study procedures in accordance with the study protocol and standard operating procedures. Activities may include:
- Screening and enrolling eligible participants
- Obtaining informed consent
- Obtaining participant locator information
- Completing data collection forms
- Performing physical exams
- Collecting specimens and performing point of care testing
- Interviewing participants and reviewing medical records
- Providing participant care and management
- Performing self quality checks (QC) in a timely manner
- Identifying, documenting, and tracking adverse events
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Be accountable and responsible for study resources and supplies, such as data collection forms, participant files, clinical supplies, study equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain high quality study documentation at all times.
- Communicate with fellow staff members openly and honestly about study progress, issues, and/or problems that may arise.
- Actively participate in problem solving.
- Work collegially as part of the study team.
- Effectively collaborate with UTH and district staff as necessary.
- Provide high quality service to participants by maintaining pleasant relationships at all times and attending to participants in a timely manner.
- Be responsive to enquiries from participants’ partners and family members as required
- Complete all required study training, including routine Human Subject Protection and Good Clinical Practices training.
- Maintain validated Professional Practicing License.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the study protocol.
- Regularly attend study meetings.
- Assist with study translations as requested.
- Attend workshops, conferences and other meetings as requested.
- Any other duties or responsibilities found necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of the study.
- Perform high quality work at all times.
- Must be organized and an independent worker with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have excellent, communication, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs
- Able to organize and schedule multiple work-related tasks efficiently
- Ability to work with deadlines
- The job holder must have a minimum of a Registered or Enrolled Nursing Diploma (midwifery or paediatrics preferred) or recognized equivalent with at least 1 year of experience in research.
- Must have a valid Practising License.
- Must be registered with the General Nursing Council of Zambia.
- Company: UNC Global Projects
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time