North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
We (zambiaminds.com team) helps you to achieve your career dream by informing you of vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Below are the Rules and Procedures.
The North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (NWWSSCL) is a commercial utility, providing water and sanitation services in the North – Western Province. The Company has a vision of “striving for excellence in water supply and sanitation”. It is value-driven and performance-oriented and since inception in the year, 2000 has been among the top-performing utilities. NWWSSCL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit high profile, self-motivated, innovative, honesty, committed, adequately qualified, and appropriately experienced persons to fill the following vacant position in a challenging environment. The Company operates in Eight (8) Districts.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following performance-based position:
1.0. MANAGING DIRECTOR (X1)
REPORTING LINE: CHAIRPERSON OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
To plan, coordinate and control operations of the company and provide the strategic direction for managing the company, determining its direction in terms of development and growth within the mandate given by the business plan, the Board, as well as general guidelines. Evolve the necessary policies, philosophy, and plans in order to achieve the corporate objectives of the company.
STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops and implements a long- term strategy and vision for the company that generates satisfactory levels of shareholder value and positive, reciprocal relations with relevant stakeholders.
- Develops and recommends to the Board of NWWSSCL the Corporate Business Plan and once approved ensures its implementation.
- Evaluates NWWSSCL Budget plans including strategies against objectives/policies submitted by subordinates from all Departments and Districts, providing guidance /advice and ensuring that submissions are realistic and attainable and thereafter presents the budget to the Board for approval.
- Reviews constantly the company’s performance against set objectives and plans as given in the Corporate Business Plan and NWASCO performance guidelines and mandatory standards/specifications for water supply and sanitation service providers.
- Ensures that necessary resources are marshaled to finance, equip, and run the planned operations and capital projects.
- Ensures continuous improvements in the quality and value of the company’s services towards the realization of the company’s mission and vision.
- Chairs management meetings with senior managers, procurement committee meetings in order to ensure that the company’s procurements and other programs are value-adding and within agreed timeframes.
- Attends a water sector consultative forum and represents the company at fairs, seminars, both local and international.
- Prepares and presents to the Board and relevant bodies objective periodic reports of the company’s affairs/performance and related issues for information and decision making. Also attends important stakeholder queries emanating from Councils, Government, Statutory Bodies, and Donors.
- Agrees, monitors and reviews the performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their agreed performance objectives/targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Board from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate with at least credits in Mathematics and English Language.
- At least a minimum of 40 years old and above
- Degree in Electrical /Mechanical /Civil Engineering / Business Administration /Accounting or any other Social Sciences.
- Member of EIZ or relevant Professional Bodies.
- Minimum of 10 Years post qualification practical hands-on work experience in a reputable institution at very senior management levels.
- A quick ‘TURN AROUND STRATEGIST’ with acumen to demonstrate such skills done at very senior management levels in reputable institutions where worked before
- An MBA will be an added advantage though not necessary.
- Good Strategic /Business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy.
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen.
- Honesty, of high Integrity, accountable, and result-oriented.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and forthright, as the job holder has to interact at the highest level with major stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to galvanize the entire Company into achieving results
Method of Application
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Only those who meet the above qualifications can forward their Handwritten applications, detailed CV, daytime contact numbers, and three (03) recent traceable referees to.
The Board Chairperson, North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited P. O. Box 110184 Mema House Mwanawasa Street/Rd SOLWEZI
Send your applications to this email address: email@example.com
Note: ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be responded to and FEMALE candidates are equally encouraged to apply.