We are urgently looking for a qualified and experienced person to fill the vacancy of:
STORE MANAGER (GROSS SALARY – NEGOTIABLE)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are looking for an enthusiastic store manager to be in charge of the day-to-day operations of our store, coordinate staff, and ensure our customers have excellent shopping experiences.
The store manager’s responsibilities include driving sales, enforcing company policies, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, and managing financial aspects such as daily revenue and salaries.
To be successful as a store manager you should have excellent people management skills and a good understanding of business operations. An outstanding store manager should be able to ensure the smooth operations and maximum profitability of a store.
Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Training, supervising, and evaluating employees.
- Preparing employee work schedules.
- Addressing employee disputes, questions, and concerns.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to safety standards, company policies, and procedures.
- Managing and accounting for all money-handling procedures.
- Ordering, recording, and managing inventory.
- Ensuring the store is adequately stocked, clean, and visually appealing.
- Motivating employees to reach sales goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Grade 12 certificate required.
- Certificate or Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Previous experience in a management or retail position.
- 2 – 3 years working experience in a busy environment.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent computer skills on in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and internet
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Strong customer focus and decision-making skills.
- May work late at night or early mornings to facilitate production
- May need to work overtime in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in all types of environments (warehouse, manufacturing, administrative office, etc.)
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Able to lift and/or move weights.