- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Warehouse Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Storeperson.
Reporting to the Warehouse Coordinator, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Immediate response to customer’s demands for stock items generated through both on-line and manual stock requisitions.
- To ensure that where required goods are stored according to the suppliers/manufacturer’s instructions (E.g. Air conditioned away from direct light, dry and protected).
- Understand criticality of binning of Goods and can demonstrate binning of items correctly.
- To ensure that goods requiring special handling or storage risk are handled as per safety policy and requirements.
- Meeting the set target of number of line items to be received on a daily basis.
- Maintain clean and efficient warehouse premises and a properly maintained receiving area clean by applying “clean as you go” on all tasks undertaken.
- Follow directions provided by receiving warehouse officer and complete tasks as requested.
- To update in Pronto all issues made or being returned into stock within 48 hours.
- To receive goods on site of the right quality, quantity and from the right source.
- To update in Pronto all goods received within 48 hours.
- To report all discrepancies and take corrective action within 48 hours.
- To ensure that there is an uninterrupted flow of required goods and materials to LMC operations.
- To ensure that incoming stock, direct charge purchases and contractors materials are safely off-loaded before being on-forwarded to their correct delivery or storage location.
- To ensure the accurate identification and labeling of stock items.
Experience & Qualifications
- Holder of a CIPS Diploma, ZIPS Diploma in Purchasing & Supply or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Warehouse & Inventory Management preferably in the mining environment.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be Computer literacy with competence in MS excel with exposure to Pronto or other ERP systems.
- Must have Valid Zambian driving licence
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply (ZIPS)
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.