Student Counsellors Needed @Kwame Nkrumah University Apply Now.
The Council of the Kwame Nkrumah University (KNU) a public university wishes to recruit suitably qualified personnel in the following position;
NON ACADEMIC POSITIONS
Responsible for coordinating, planning, administration and implementation of counselling services for students and members of staff.
- To develop counselling programs and activities to meet particular needs of students and other clients utilizing general counselling services.
- To counsel students with psychosocial and health problems.
- To provide assistance required, counsel students/ clients and assist them to improve their understanding of the problems and secure their co-operation in coping with them.
- To conduct counselling activities and ensure that appropriate services are given to clients.
- To liaise with schools and other units on matters affecting students.
- To ensure proper management of records at the Counselling Centre. To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must have a full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with at least 5 Credits that must include English Language.
- Must have a Degree in Guidance and Counselling, Psychology, Special Education. A Master’s Degree in Counselling will be an added advantage.
- Must bc well vest with government and university operations.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Not less than 35 years of Age.
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Integrity, honesty, ethical values, professional conduct and soberness of character are mandatory requirements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the stated requirements are required to submit their applications comprising the following:
- Letter of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Authenticated copies of academic and professional qualifications including a full grade XII or equivalent certificate.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees two (2) of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields.
Applications marked with the “POSITION” of interest must be addressed to:
The Office of the Registrar
Kwame Nkrumah University
Munkoyo Street Plot No. 1583
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019, 17:00 HOURS
N .B: Kwame Nkrumah University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and those that would not have heard from the University should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Please visit the Kwame Nkrumah website at www.nkrumah.edu.zm