Ultrasound Technician Job vacancy @UNC Global Projects-Apply Now
The University of North Carolina – Global Projects Zambia (UNC-GPZ) is conducting a study to exhaustively document the course and outcomes of labor, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period in settings where the occurrence of adverse birth outcomes is high.
The Ultrasound Technician is trained to perform ultrasounds for the purpose of obstetrics. He/she will be integral to the success of the project and will be held to a high standard of performance. He/she will be responsible for performing ultrasounds for clinical diagnosis and gestational age dating.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
- Perform and record results of obstetrical dating ultrasounds for potential study participants
- Perform and record results of fetal ultrasounds to assess fetal viability, gestational age, fluid volume, fetal presentation, placenta location, and identify gross abnormalities for study participants
- Assist in standard ultrasound quality assurance and quality control
- Conduct data entry in accordance with standard operating procedure and source documentation guidelines
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of participant records at all times
- Consult appropriate supervisors within the study as needed on any issues related to the successful implementation of the study
- Perform duties in accordance with all standard operating procedures
- Communicate with fellow staff members openly and honestly about study progress or other related issues
- Actively participate in problem solving.
- Work collegially as part of the study team
- Protection and Good Clinical Practices training, and regularly attend study meetings.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the study protocol.
- Attend study meetings and workshops as required
- Demonstrate competency in obstetric ultrasound
- Complete the Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice Course as required by the University of North Carolina Institutional Review Board
- Attend to any other duties as assigned to ensure the optimal implementation of the study
- Professional maturity and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must perform high quality work at all times
- Must be a team player
- Must have knowledge of maternal and child health care in Zambia
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recognized training and qualification in ultrasonography
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with regard to:
- Pelvic ultrasounds (desired)
- Obstetric ultrasounds