Women for Change Vacancies-How to Apply
Women for Change (WfC) is a gender focused NGO that builds the capacities of rural communities especially women and girls to achieve sustainable development, realize their full potential and consolidate their collective action, voice and agency.
see more here
With prompt start-up, WfC seeks to recruit three (3) high caliber and results-oriented individuals to fill the positions of District Coordinators for period of four years based in Luapula at district level for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice”. The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula
Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices in Luapula Province and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services in Luapula Province.
The project will be implemented by a consortium of organisations namely: Norwegian Church Aid, World Vision Zambia, FAWEZA, Women for Change, Zambia Episcopal Conference and Lusitu Chambers
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Programmes Manager – Women for Change, District Coordinators will undertake these main responsibilities:
- Lead the Planning, Implementation and Reporting of project activities at district level in close collaboration with the project’s management team;
- Implement, Coordinate, Supervise and Monitor project activities
- Together with community members, identify community needs and facilitate group development, leadership and decision-making programmes using Participatory Education Methodologies to ensure equal participation of both women and men, girls and boys;
- Coordinate Traditional leaders to effectively spearhead the Anti-Sexual Gender Based Violence Campaign in 39 chiefdoms of Luapula province and setting up of Village SGBV Response Committees (VSRC);
- Promote action research at community level to gather information and analysis on SGBV for advocacy issues.
- Participate in DDCC Planning and review meetings and other relevant stakeholder meetings
- Spearhead monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities at district and cluster levels
Skills and Experience
- Advanced Diploma/Degree in Development Studies, Gender, Social science or related field.
- More than 5 years’ experience in development programming and programme management
- Good planning, budgeting, organizational, presentation, mobilisation and computer skills
- Strong Knowledge/analytical Skills in SGBV
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Demonstrated advocacy and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and speak Bemba language will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Women for Change is an equal opportunity employer. If interested please apply by email only by attaching your detailed CV (without attaching certificates at this stage) to the Executive Director, Women for Change, P.O. Box 33102, Plot 1801, Nchenja Road, Northmead, LUSAKA to; firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com no later than 13th September, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted