Zambia National Commercial Bank Massive recruitment 2022-2023
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision in the Credit Risk Division under the Credit Administration & Monitoring Department, to be based at Head Office.
CREDIT MONITORING & DOCUMENTATION SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
Effective management of the Bank’s Credit portfolio through robust monitoring and control mechanisms and maintenance of the documentation associated with all credit applications and security. Monitoring the asset book to minimize loan losses, safeguarding the Bank’s security documentation and credit files, disbursement of approved banking facilities, post approval/disbursement monitoring and production of Credit Administration MIS reports to feed into the Portfolio Quality Review.
Under the supervision of the Credit Administration & Monitoring Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Ensuring that all sanction terms & conditions for all disbursed facilities have been fulfilled.
- Providing the required information to the Credit Reference Bureaus.
- Ensuring that all related processing & facility fees/commissions have been levied on all disbursed facilities and the appropriate interest rates applied.
- Follow up with Business Units and branches to ensure that all requirements advised in offer letters and credit applications approvals are satisfied.
- Robust tracking of all annual & interim reviews 3 months before expiry.
- Effective monitoring to ensure that all facilities remain within Single Obligor Limit (SOL).
- Periodic testing of the set covenants and reporting the results.
- Monitor and control of the Credit Risk Management team diary system.
- Complete monthly returns and reports as may be required.
- Ensure maintenance and safety of all credit information.
- Review loan documents and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure proper and efficient delivery.
- Support the periodic review of credit administration & documentation policies and procedures to streamline the workflow.
- Critically examining all security documentation for completeness.
- Ensure that liens are placed on all deposits held as security.
- Ensure effective control for the safe custody and control of all security documents.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal policies.
- Responsible for the collateral valuation process, collateral monitoring and collateral review.
- Ensure that approval from relevant authorities is held for deferral / waiver of incomplete documentation.
- Ensuring post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions.
- Review daily system credit monitoring and management reports and identify non- performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken in line with credit policy.
- Monitor all irregularities, past dues, documentation deficiencies, insurance etc., and effective completion and updating of the monitoring & control sheets & report to the Credit Admin & Monitoring Head.
- Provide training for business units & coaching for Credit Risk Management staff on credit related topics.
- Conducting monthly & quarterly portfolio reviews including Early Warning and Portfolio Quality review meetings to be held quarterly.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
- External: Brokers, Clients, External Auditors, CRB, BOZ
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Banking, Business, Accounting or any other related qualifications.
- At least five (5) years’ experience within a credit administration & monitoring role.
- Knowledge of credit in general.
- Knowledge of Central Bank’s regulatory requirements on lending and reporting.
- Knowledge of credit administration, loan documentation and credit monitoring.
- Certifications: Credit Risk certifications will be an added advantage.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision& Knowledge of the Bank’s credit policies and procedures
- Good presentation skills, Computer literacy & proficient in Microsoft suite
How to Apply
sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOTbe considered.