Official Zambia Police Recruitment 2022-2023 | Form, Requirements & Dates
We are pleased to inform you about Zambia Police Recruitment 2022-2023 | Form, Requirements & Dates
This is an opportunity for young and bustling Zambian young men and women to take advantage of and stand the prospect of working with other military and paramilitary organizations in the country.
As such, you must meet the requirements and also the eligibility in other to enroll for Zambia police recruitment intake.
Where Does Zambian Police Work?
Zambian police officers are public sector staff. You may work as a public-facing clothed officer or have a private facing role at a station house.
Additional to those forms of roles there exists a variety of support functions that continue to be important to the productive operation of the police. These embrace human resources and legal roles.
Typical work activities:
- Responding to information from the general public
- Investigating crimes and offences, and initiating arrests
- Interviewing witnesses and suspects, making ready crime reports and taking statements
- Searching for missing individuals
- Giving proof in court
- Policing massive public events, concerts and demonstration
Zambia Police Recruitment Eligibility
- Must be a Zambian and possess a green national registration card
- Must have (14) points and below at grade twelve level that ought to embody English, Mathematics, Science and 2 subjects.
- Should be between eighteen (18) and twenty 5 (25) years older and not but 160com tall.
- Must be medically, physically and mentally capable
- Holder of a full Grade twelve (Twelve) Certificate with 5 (5) “0” levels with a minimum of a credit or higher in English, arithmetic and any Science subject
- Applicants must not have any criminal record or have an unresolved criminal case in court
- Female candidates should not be pregnant at the time of application
Visit the Zambian Police Recruitment Application portal to get more information update.
Remember to fill in the correct details. Applicants who apply with falsified details would not only be disqualified but would be penalized too and made to face the full wrath of the law.
Zambia Police Service Vacant Positions
- Building and Construction (Bricklaying)
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Metal Fabrication (Welding)
- Auto Mechanics
- Medical (Nursing, Pharmacy, Laboratory Technician, Dental, and Clinical Medicine)
- Police Officer
- Police Support Officer
What skills do you have to possess to enrol in the Zambia Police force?
- Decision creating
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Report writing
How to Apply for Zambia Police Service Recruitment
Interested candidates should submit a written application to the listed provisional headquarters below with certified copies of:
- a) National Registration Card (NRC)
- b) Educational Certificates (or Statement of Results for those who might not have collected their full Grade 12 College Certificate)
Application letters to be submitted to Zambia Police provincial headquarters starting from Monday, 1st March 2021 to Monday 8th March 2021 at 18:00 hours as follows:
- 1) Lusaka Province (Lusaka Central)
- 2) Copperbelt Province (Ndola)
- 3) Central Province (Kasama)
- 4) Southern Province (Choma)
- 5) Western French region (Mongu)
- 6) Northern Province (Kasama)
- 7) Luapula Province (Mansa)
- 8) Japanese Province (Chipata)
- 9) Northern-Western (Solwezi)
- 10) Muchinga (Chinsali)
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants are advised to send their applications through Zambia Postal Services via Express Mail Service (EMS) in their respective provinces to avoid congestion at provincial recruitment centres.
Therefore, successful candidates to attend Interviews in person will strictly be required to observe COVID-19 health guidelines to avoid the spread of the virus.
Zambia Police Headquarters
The Zambia Police Headquarters consists of the offices of the Inspector General of Police and two Deputy Inspector Generals of Police who are responsible for administration and Special Support activities respectively. 5 Directorates exists which are divided into sections and units.
The Office of the Inspector General of Police
This is the most highly placed officer within the ranking of the Zambia Police Force. The Inspector-General of Police Commands supervises, manages and charts the affairs of the Zambia Police Force.
The Inspector-General of Police is assisted by 2 Deputy Inspector Generals of Police as stated in the preceding paragraphs.
The Office of Deputy Inspector General of Police
Just after the IGP comes the DIG or Deputy Inspector General of Police that helps the Inspector General of Police in running the police force. The DIG in next in command to the IGP and number two on the hierarchy.
The ZPF or Zambia Police Force is made up of 5 directorates broken down as follows:
- Crime Prevention and Support Services
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Technical Services
Shortlisted Applicant Update
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, it could be a telephonic, Skype, or a face-to-face interview. And this is depending on the employer. When shortlisted:
- Endeavor to get information about the company.
- Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit. Also, go through your application.
- Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
- The practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
- It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application. You start planning the celebration, but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
- Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything. Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend, etc.
- Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
- Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.
Note: If you have questions or corrections regarding this post, kindly use the comment box below.