John Snow Health Zambia Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Job Title: Clinician – Key Population
Location: Chipata, Chirundu, Lusaka, Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, Nakonde
Category: Full-Time position
Reports to: Wellness Center Coordinator (Dotted line to Clinical Coordinator)
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for a Clinician – Key population for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. In addition, the program seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The Clinician – Key population coordinates service delivery to increase HIV testing and counselling (HTS), linkage to treatment and care, and uptake and sustained use of PrEP and other HIV prevention services amongst key and underserved populations in Wellness Centres and other congregate closed settings and service delivery points in the assigned district.
The Clinician – Key population will be based at the Wellness Centre and carryout duties consistently, ethically and in line with international standards and evidence based medical practices.
- Provide strategic, technical and programmatic support to all clinical related areas at Wellness Centres in the relevant implementation districts
- Ensure adherence to the Ministry of Health national HIV prevention care and treatment guidelines and other health related guidelines
- Through close collaboration with the Wellness Centre team, ensures that inherent and generated demand is matched with the needed services including HIV Testing Services (HTS), HIVST, PrEP, STI screening, FP etc
- Develop/review and adapt evidence-based clinical training materials, performance standards, inter-unit mentorship programme, and supervisory systems needed for program implementation at the Wellness Centre
- In collaboration with the Wellness Centre team, scale-up collaboration and capacity building with the District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) team to ensure the sustainability of PrEP services in selected supported sites beyond the life of the project
- Support the integration of PrEP, STI screening, FP, among others, in non-traditional service delivery points through training and onsite mentorship of appropriate service providing cadres at Wellness Centres
- Work with the Supply Chain unit to ensure consistent availability of PrEP-inclined commodities and supplies
- Work with CHEKUP II’s Strategic Information unit, and Data Clerks at the Wellness Centre to ensure effective documentation and tracking of PrEP-related and other clinical-inclined indicators
- Adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies
- Perform other duties as guided by the supervisor consistent with CHEKUP II’s objectives
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Nurse/Clinical Officer with a diploma in a health-related field. Degree an added advantage
- At least four (3) years` experience in health programs implementation; a focus on STI treatment, FP, ART and PrEP programs among key and under-served populations is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current evidence-base and internationally agreed on global strategies and interventions around PrEP and HIV prevention
- Proven experience in health program planning, management, and coordination
- Demonstrable expertise in capacity building, including facilitation of training and coaching of health care providers through supportive supervision;
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and advocacy skills;
- Respect working hours as indicated in the employee’s contract
- Ability to work in a team and to lead a team
- Experience in quality assurance of PrEP services an advantage
- Experience working in donor funded projects a Plus
- Demonstrates effective collaboration and problem-solving skills with other personnel.
- Mastery of basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, internet, database, spreadsheet, student information system)
- Qualified Key population are encourage to apply for this position
- Full HPCZ Registration with a valid HPCZ license
Supervision and Reporting:
The Clinician – Key Population will work under the guidance and supervision of the Wellness Centre Coordinator with dotted line to the Clinical Coordinator.