Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited Recent Jobs
see moe @zambiaminds.com
The Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme (ZCGS) was incorporated on 13th September 2017 under the Companies’ Act of 2004, as amended in 2017 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia. The mandate of ZCGS is to provide credit guarantees to viable Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs), in order to facilitate their access to affordable financing.
The primary focus of the role will be to lead a strong team with the required technical skills, to ensure optimal growth in value and contribution of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises to the Zambian economy, as well as financial.
Additionally, the CEO will be expected to play a central role in developing and executing strategies that will secure the long – term viability of the company, and attain the goals and targets set by the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
The position reports to the Board of Directors of the company.
The successful candidate must have strong, proven leadership skills, excellent analytical and intellectual ability, and must be result-oriented.
He/She should be an astute leader with ability to motivate teams towards enhancing their performance levels and ensuring sustainability and should collaborate with the Board to establish and implement the company’s long – term objectives, strategies and plans.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies, policies, plans and programmes in order to attain the goals of the Board and Shareholders.
- Provide strategic advice to the board and interpret the economy and financial market with a view to determining any changes required in strategic direction.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans.
- Advise the Board on matters of policy, planning, priorities and other issues that are fundamental to the mission and direction of the company.
- Lead the establishment of progressive management and human resources policies and practices to ensure a motivated workforce and a sound and upportive employee relations climate.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen the company’s profile.
- Proven experience in senior managerial position with a strong track record.
- Experience in developing strategy and business plans.
- Extensive knowledge of the MSME lending market and an understanding of how a credit guarantee scheme can be a strategic response employed to increase financial inclusion for MSMEs.
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and understanding of market dynamics.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build strong well — functioning motivated teams, based on delegation, coaching, identifying and managing training needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong risk management capabilities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
The successful candidate must have:
- An undergraduate Degree from a reputable university.
- A Master’s degree in either business administration, economics, accountancy or any related field.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience at management level in the financial sector, and demonstrated professional experience and expertise in MSME lending.
How to Apply
ZCGS will offer a competitive employment conditions to the right candidate. Applications accompanied by a curriculum vita (maximum five pages) and copies of certified academic and professional certificates must be received both by post or delivered at the address stated below and electronically firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd August 2019 addressed to the:
The Board Chairperson
Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
Corner of Bishops/Roan Road
Plot 164-171 corner roan
P. O Box 51180