A company involved in mining, manufacturing, processing and export of ferroalloys based in Pensulo Area of Serenje District seeks the services of an Auto Electrician.
General Job Description
The Auto electrician maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery, vehicles and equipment. The Auto electrician reports to the Fleet Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Displays the highest levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Displays high levels of planning and anticipation.
- Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance.
- Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Ensures operation of machinery, vehicles, electrical and mechanical equipment by performing preventive maintenance on company assets.
- Determines malfunction of electrical system by visual inspection of vehicle / equipment and coordinate to workshop and site in charge on day to day activities.
- Auto Electricians also install electrical equipment such as gauges, lighting, alternators, and starter motors in vehicles and install electrically operated accessories.
- Familiar to test instruments and read circuit diagrams to find electrical faults, adjust engine control systems and timing to make sure vehicles are running at peak performance.
- Knows to test, recondition, and replace faulty alternators, generators, starter motors, and related items such as voltage regulators and batteries, and repair or replace faulty ignition systems, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps, and switches.
- Locate sources of problems by observing electrical devices, wirings and other equipment in operation or using testing tools.
- Do minor and major electrical repair works on the company fleet.
- Undertake electrical repairs on various vehicles, machinery and general all company assets.
- Repair parts and equipment when needed.
- Maintain and repair various kinds of petrol and diesel engine motor vehicles.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following rules and regulations.
- Ensure the safekeeping of tools and parts.
- All other duties requested by first superior
Job Requirements :
Soft Skills Behaviors / Personal Competences :
- Display the highest levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Display high levels of planning and anticipation.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Willingness to get the job done.
Hard Skills Background / Technical Competences :
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Mechanics.
- Fluent in English Language.
- At least 3 years of experience working as Auto electrician